Dark Evolution Academy
Please Enjoy Your Stay At Dark Evolution Academy! Remember Always Have Fun.
Dark Evolution Academy
Please Enjoy Your Stay At Dark Evolution Academy! Remember Always Have Fun.
Dark Evolution Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Evolution Academy

Where Light and Darkness collide, which side will you be on?

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Attention DEA'liens...!!!!!!!!!
An Introduction to Agents I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 11:00 pm by Commander Armageddon

» let start the dragon
An Introduction to Agents I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 5:32 pm by SkyArmy:RecruitForce

» 100th Subject
An Introduction to Agents I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 1:58 pm by Shining Escuridao

» An Introduction to Agents
An Introduction to Agents I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 2:09 am by ADHD

» Dark Prince Vs WaldosShadow
An Introduction to Agents I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 12:41 am by Dark Prince

» DEA Round 2
An Introduction to Agents I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 12:27 am by Commander Armageddon

» ~Liberta's GFX Shop~
An Introduction to Agents I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 12:27 am by Commander Armageddon

» Hello, everyone
An Introduction to Agents I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 12:26 am by Commander Armageddon

» grimer10 test results.
An Introduction to Agents I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 12:26 am by Commander Armageddon

Top posters
Commander Armageddon (102)
An Introduction to Agents I_vote_lcapAn Introduction to Agents I_voting_barAn Introduction to Agents I_vote_rcap 
ADHD (75)
An Introduction to Agents I_vote_lcapAn Introduction to Agents I_voting_barAn Introduction to Agents I_vote_rcap 
Liberta? (70)
Shining Escuridao (20)
WaldosShadow (13)
Chaos Vortex (12)
Ashura Areson (10)
Dark Prince (8)
yussefavangerX (7)
TD-Shogun (6)
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 77 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:23 am
ChatBox

An Introduction to Agents

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ADHD
Admin
ADHD

An Introduction to Agents Empty
PostSubject: An Introduction to Agents   An Introduction to Agents I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 3:30 am

ok, i dont care about propper grammar and stuff because its not like im writing a paper for school or anything so if youre a grammar nazi i do appoligize, anyways lets get into this artice

What are Agents:

Agents are an archetype first introduced in the June 2004 Set Ancient Sanctuary with cards such as The Agent of Creation- Venus, The Agent of Judgment Saturn, The Agent of Force Mars, The Agent of Wisdom Mercury, and Mystical Shine Ball. The deck was never good enough to compete in the meta until the 2010 Structure Deck: Lost Sanctuary was released. After players gained knowledge of the deck gaining a searcher, tuner, and a boss monster players knew they would have to test it out with cards such as Trishula dragon of the ice barrier being out and with XYZ on the way.

Plays Agents have:

Now there were multiple variants of the deck that were competetive early on, but the 2 main variants were Tour Guide Agents (Chaos Agents) to some people and T.G. Agents

Lets take a look at both of the decklists for each variant
24 Monster

1x Black Luster Solider - Envoy
2x Archlord Kristya
1x Gorz
3x Master Hyperion
3x Agent - venus
3x TG Warwolf
1x Honest
3x Agent - Earth
1x Sangan
2x T.G. Stryker
3x Shine Ball

11 Magic

2x Duality
1x Mind Control
2x MST
1x Heavy
1x Reborn
1x Dark Hole
1x Book of Moon

5 Trap

1x Solemn Judgement
1x Trap Dustshoot
2x Bottomless
1x Mirror Force
1x Torrential
1x mind crush

this was the competetive "budget" build of Agents. now the main focus of this deck was to get trishula to the field as fast as possible and create advantage off of that initially and with tg stryker being a cyber dragon if you opened that and venus it would usually end with you having a trishula and a follow up maybe hyperion or krystia and would just create crippling advantage

Now on to the Tour guide build

3 Master Hyperion
3 The Agent of Mystery - Earth
3 Tour Guide From the Underworld
3 The Agent of Creation - Venus
3 Mystical Shine Ball
2 Archlord Kristya
1 Sangan
1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
2 Herald of Orange Light
1 Honest
1 Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning

3 Pot of Duality
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Heavy Storm
1 Monster Reborn
1 Book of Moon
1 Mind Control
1 Dark Hole

2 Solemn Warning
1 Solemn Judgment
1 trap dustshoot
1 Torrential Tribute
1 mind crush

i personally like this build alot more mainly because of the consistancy and it was really really good during this format

now the main focus of this deck was to either sit on gachi venus until you can create such stupid advantage with hyperion bls krystia plays
or sit on zenmaines and bls

tour guide was such a huge thing during this format

now after the banlist with T.G Stryker going to 1 and earth going to 1 people thought that the deck was dead and it kinda was but i still played the deck and managed to make a build that did really well at the regional and local level but i could never try it at a YCS
i will post the build later because its late and i dont feel like typing it all it will be posted maybe tomorrow

moving on to the current format

with earth coming back up to semi-limited the first person to have success with the deck this format was alistar albans with trooper agents
3 shineball
2 krystia
2 card trooper
3 herald of orange light
1 honest
3 hyperion
3 venus
2 earth
3 thunder king rai oh

1 reborn
1 dark hole
1 heavy storm
3 MST
1 pot of duality

3 Call of the Haunted
2 dimensional prison
1 solemn judgment
2 solemn warning
2 torrential tribute

this deck did very well because of the field advantage it could make rather easily and the good matchup it had with wind ups which were and kinda still are "the deck"

The main person to have success with Agents this format is one of my favorite players, Simon He. if i am not mistaking he has 7 YCS tops this format with Agents

here is his most recent build

Monsters: 29
3 Mystical Shine Ball
3 Master Hyperion
3 The Agent of Creation – Venus
2 The Agent of Mystery – Earth
2 Tragoedia
2 Tour Guide From the Underworld
2 Thunder King Rai-Oh
2 Maxx “C”
2 Effect Veiler
1 Chaos Sorcerer
1 Archlord Kristya
1 Spirit Reaper
1 Herald of Orange Light
1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
1 Black Luster Soldier – Envoy of the Beginning
1 Honest
1 Sangan

Spells: 10
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Enemy Controller
1 Forbidden Lance
1 Creature Swap
1 Dark Hole
1 Heavy Storm
1 Mind Control
1 Monster Reborn

Traps: 1
1 Treacherous Trap Hole

Extra Deck: 15
1 Armory Arm
1 Ally of Justice Catastor
1 Gaia Knight, the Force of Earth
1 Black Rose Dragon
1 Stardust Dragon
1 Number 96: Dark Mist
1 Gachi Gachi Gantetsu
1 Daigusto Phoenix
1 Wind-Up Zenmaines
1 Leviair the Sea Dragon
1 Number 17: Leviathan Dragon
1 Temtempo the Percussion Djinn
1 Number 30: Acid Golem of Destruction
1 Gem-Knight Pearl
1 Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis

Side Deck: 15
2 Gemini Imps
2 Gozen Match
2 Safe Zone
2 Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror
1 Effect Veiler
1 Trap Stun
1 Dust Tornado
1 Leeching the Light
1 Scapegoat
1 Cyber Dragon
1 Chimeratech Fortress Dragon

thats it everyone hopefully this deck can still do good in after the march 2012 f/l list comes out. Sorry if i didnt go fully in depth with plays but agents have like 5 opening plays and the rest is mainly just how well you can play and how your opponent opened

even with the crazyness of this format i would still recommend Agents if you asked me what deck to run anyways thanks for reading guys hope you liked it reply with questions
Back to top Go down
ADHD
Admin
ADHD

PostSubject: Re: An Introduction to Agents   An Introduction to Agents I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 2:50 am

fuck
Back to top Go down
SkyArmy:RecruitForce
Judgement

PostSubject: Re: An Introduction to Agents   An Introduction to Agents I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 6:09 am

this took me 22 mins to read and i might make them decks
Back to top Go down
ADHD
Admin
ADHD

PostSubject: Re: An Introduction to Agents   An Introduction to Agents I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 8:25 pm

alot of them are old though
Back to top Go down
TD-Shogun
Lightpulsar

PostSubject: Re: An Introduction to Agents   An Introduction to Agents I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 11:18 pm

yay my idea went through
Back to top Go down
Dark Prince
Judgement

PostSubject: Re: An Introduction to Agents   An Introduction to Agents I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 12:02 am

Well, this is an interesting take on the deck.
Back to top Go down
Commander Armageddon
Judgement
Commander Armageddon

PostSubject: Re: An Introduction to Agents   An Introduction to Agents I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 12:28 am

Very good. I loved the detail and the explanation of the various builds.

Gold star :3
Back to top Go down
https://deacademy.forumotion.com
TD-Shogun
Lightpulsar

PostSubject: Re: An Introduction to Agents   An Introduction to Agents I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 2:04 am

ding for gold star

these days people run trapless agents
Back to top Go down
ADHD
Admin
ADHD

PostSubject: Re: An Introduction to Agents   An Introduction to Agents I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 2:09 am

i posted trapless agents
Back to top Go down
ADHD
Admin
ADHD

PostSubject: Re: An Introduction to Agents   An Introduction to Agents I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 2:09 am

shogun i truly hope that wasnt an insult towards me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Introduction to Agents   An Introduction to Agents I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Introduction to Agents
Page 1 of 1